Friday, April 8, 2011

The eagle and the chicken

I was sitting serene in my room, scrabbling my mind for a new topic for this blog. Suddenly my friend came and when I told him that I’m going to write a new blog post, the topic was just wrapped in his reply.
Let me tell you the whole conversation.
“Hey Kapil wazz up ???”
“Actually I’m thinking of a new topic for my blog and I’m not getting any vivid idea.”
“O com ‘on, let’s hang out.”
“No no. I have to write this.”
“And what’s the fun of writing this blog?”
“Somebody told me that it’s the first step for being a writer. It’s a platform for all the budding writers.”
“O com ’on man, you are not going to be Ruskin Bond or J. K. Rowling. Just leave this freaky blog and come.”

I refused to go, not because I was inert or feeling nausea. His last sentence “you are not going to be Ruskin Bond or J. K. Rowling.” remind me a story that my teacher told in my school time.
This story has changed my whole mental attitude. You have listen this before but I wanna share this to you all.

Once, a little boy was wandering in the jungle. Suddenly he saw that a new born little eagle fell off the nest. The little boy picked and brought that little eagle home. He placed that into his barnyard between the chickens. The young eagle found a good home with the chickens and grew up believing that he is a chicken. The hen also treated him like a chicken. The young eagle learned to quack and picking seeds from the ground like other chickens.
Once the young eagle was running under the fence and picking seeds off the ground. Suddenly he lifted his gaze and mesmerized with the sight of a beautiful eagle cruising the sky. He uttered “WOW!!! Look at that!!!”
And then he spread his wings and tried to fly like that eagle. He lifted a bit. He tried again. This time a bit more lifted. He tried 3-4 times. He started lifting 1-2 feet above the ground.
Then a chicken came.
“Hey…what are you doing??”
“Look at that bird in the sky. I was trying to fly like him.”
“O com’on …he is an eagle, the king of sky and we the chickens belong to the ground. We can’t fly like him.”
The young eagle realized that he is a chicken. With great disappointment, he bent his neck and again started picking seeds off the ground.

So the moral of the story is that if he had tried he could fly high up in the sky, but a chicken came and demoralized him.
So in the journey of life you will also find a lot of chickens who will demoralize you or distract you from your destiny, but you have to ignore them all and consider yourself as an eagle and never quit trying. After that you will also be the king of sky.
In the end I just want to say that after writing this blog I may not become a writer but I will not quit and this is my first step for being a writer.
                                                                                                - Kapil Garg  
 

9 comments:

  1. well done kapil..go ahead...gud luck...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kapil.....

    good..good..

    very enthuciastic and interesting blog this time....

    All d Best..
    May God'll Help U.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u all ... Please mention your name in the comment..Thank u

    ReplyDelete
  4. There u go buddy this is really a nice one.......mind stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. There u go buddy.. this is really a nice one.......mind stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hii Kapil,
    Danish here..

    Nice work...

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent story. positive thinking.
    agar ye blog hindi mei hota to bahut se log padh pate.

    ReplyDelete