Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Movie Review - Guzaarish

                           
I had a week off from my studies so went for a movie, having no choice as Guzaarish was the only bollywood big release of this week. Even the movie had three big names Sanjay Leela Bansali, Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai Bachhan, I was not expecting much, don't know why....may be the trailors were not as hot as "Munni badnam hui" (dabangg) or as cool as Golmaal 3.

So with little expectations we entered the theater, even it was the third day of release ,the theater was not half-filled. As expected the movie had no action, no comedy, no thriller, no suspense means not a single masala stuff that present in most of bollywood movies. One thing that i was hearing from the very first day of release that the "movie is emotional" , but the emotions in the movie were not able to invoke my emotions. The music was good but not as good as we buzz "tere must must do nain" the whole day.

But one thing I liked was the concept - " EUTHANASIA" , unique concept and I like uniqueness. The presentation was outstanding as it was Sanjay Leela's movie and  "Devdas" and "Black" were wandering in my mind. Superb acting by Aishwarya and Hrithik ...ofcourse...there'll be a little diappointment for Hrithik fans as there was not much to show his muscular body coz Hrithik was playing a paralyzed person in the movie. The locations in the movie will remember you about Sanjay Bansali's last two releases "Black" and "Saawaria".

So overall I liked the movie, one time watch, but for my friends "Guzaarish" was a big "Torture".

So for concept, for presentation, for cast and for makeup and dresses I'll give 2.5/5 stars.
Oh !!...my friend are saying "Its a high rating for Guzaarish.....it should be 1/5....naaa...0.5/5...oh no no... -ve marking"....O STOP YAAR.

                                                        --Kapil Garg--

1 comment:

  1. i think Guzaarish is based upon the idea (as in english films "The Sea Inside" and "whose Life is it Anyway). i expected it to be an excellent movie like sanjay leela bhansali's other movies.. Anywayzz thanks for your review Mr. Kapil..

    ReplyDelete